Monday, January 18, 2010

House Helps

An easy cleaning tip from my DAd. In your bathroom, put a squeegee in your shower stall. After you finish showering, squeegee the whole thing then use a towel and dry what water remains. Do this after every shower. You won't get the water and rust stains. The shower looks clean all the time. And you won't have to clean it as often.
Next, keep a wash rag hanging next to your bathroom sink. After every time you wash your hands, you use the rag to dry out the inside of the sink. Same thing as for the shower. It keeps it looking nice and you won't have to clean as often. And it won't take as long to clean when you do. Train your kids to do this. My dad trained me and I'm almost 38!
A tip from my step-mom that seems pretty simple, I don't know why I never thought of it. Except the Lupus sometimes interferes with the way my brain works. When you do laundry, put the measuring cup you use to measure out your liquid laundry detergent in the washer with the laundry. It comes out clean and you don't waste any detergent trying to clean it out in the sink.
There are some things here where my dad lives, out in the boonies, that can be recycled. Some can't. So we use empty jars to put smelly trash in. Like banana peels, orange skins, grease from cooking, etc. Then put the lid on. You can stuff a lot of stuff in one of those things. I also add used tissues, napkins, pieces of paper, etc. in. When it's as full as you can get it, then put it in the trash. It keeps your trash from smelling, keeps the can cleaner, and it doesn't fill up as often. At least not here. We are able to recycle cardboard, plastic, and cans.

Why did the music teacher need a ladder?
To reach the high notes!LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment