Monday, January 4, 2010

Wellness

I was sick for three days. I've had times when I've been sick and just went ahead and proceeded with life as normal. Having Lupus, when I get even a common cold, it takes at least a week, and a lot of times more than that, to get well. Because I don't take the time to let my body rest, it hangs on longer. These last few days, I took the cold medicine that my Dad gave me. And Saturday was a scheduled trip to visit some friends who are elderly. My Dad told me I didn't need to be out in the cold with my cold that I had. So I stayed in. By Sunday, I still felt a tiny bit tired, (well, more than usual), but I was able to go to church. And I didn't think I would be able to do it. And it's a good thing I went because I was asked to work with the primary children. It really makes me feel better when the Lord asks me to serve in His church. I feel so useless sometimes because of the Lupus. It makes me feel better when I can contribute something and help others. No matter what you have to do, when you gat sick, take some time to let your body rest and get better. Call on family and friends to help you do what needs to be done. Then you will get better quicker and get back on your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment