Monday, December 28, 2009

Pets

Pets are good to cheer a person up. At least I know they do me and the others in my family who have pets. We had pets all the time when I was little, then we stopped having them. We never had cats because my mom said I was allergic. We had dogs. I had a pure bred Beagle named Lady. She looked like Snoopy. She died saving me. The dog next door was threatening me when I was outside playing in the backyard. Lady jumped over the fence and went after her. She was a big wolfhound. Her and Lady fought. I screamed and my mom came out. She went over the fence and separated them and got Lady. The other dog had bit her. Now a vet hospital would be able to save her. But then, all the vet could do was put her down. We got a new dog to replace her from the same people. She was Lady's little sister, from the same parents, different litter. I named her Lady 2. Somebody swiped her before she went into heat for the first time. I don't remember having any dogs after that. My brother had a couple of dogs when he was a teenager. He had to take care of them himself.
Now I have 3 cats: Baby and her kittens, Cuddles, and HAley. The father, HArley, died. He was a full blood Devon-Rex. I love pets. Just petting my cats and hearing them purr makes me feel better. There have been studies done that have found that people with pets are generally in better health. I know mine reduces stress. When I get upset, my Cuddles will come lie on my chest and purr. I calm down real quick. They make me feel less alone when I'm the only person home.

Who tastes the dog food to know it's a new and improved flavor?LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment