Friday, December 18, 2009

Typing

Hello! I just got finished taking a typing lesson online. I never took typing in school. It was not required where I went. Now I wish it had been. I'm trying to become an author; it helps if you know how to type. Up till now, I've gotten my niece to type for me. She is in college and has her own things to type. So I got on the internet one day and googled to see if I could find typing lessons for free. I ended up at a site that has typing lessons, tests, and games for free. I am progressing very nicely. Each lesson has only 2 letters you practice with. You choose the lesson you need and how many words per minute is your goal. It suggests 15 wpm to start. You can go lower if you want. And it tells you which fingers to use. After you reach your goal it will ask if you want a certificate printed off. I decline because this is for myself. But if you had to learn for work, its helpful to have that. I have learned the letters and some punctuation and am now on numbers. I took 2 lessons today.
The reason I'm putting this on here is to say that it makes me feel better to accomplish something. It also helps ease depression to have something to do every day if you don't get out much because of health. And this typing thing gives me a goal to work toward. It helps me to feel better about myself and my circumstances to have a clear goal to be working towards every day. The site address is: freetypinggame.net

What did the hat say to the hat stand?
You stay here, I'll go on a head. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment